OO Programming in Java
Design an object model and appropriate scenario diagrams for a program to handle the price calculation for a video rental store. The system must automatically compute the correct rental fees at checkout time.
The store has an inventory of tapes available for rent. Valid customers are allowed to borrow these tapes by paying a fee at the time of rental.
Fees and rental periods vary depending on the tape, and promotions. Examples of promotional fees are:
- 5 tapes for $5.00 for 5 days.
- 2 tapes for $2.00 for 2 days on Tuesday.
- Rent 1 grown-up movie and receive two kids movies at half price.
- Rent 10 tapes this month at regular price and receive the next one free.
- Rent 2 tapes on Thursday for the price of 1.
Any promotional pricing conflicts will be resolved in favor of the consumer (the cheapest price).